Saturday, July 31, 2010

last weekend...

I was craving pasta so I made dinner. Going to the gym pays off, because I knew exactly what I wanted.
While running a couple of days before that weekend on a treadmill in our gym, I was watching Ricardo Larrivée host of Ricardo and Friends on food network Canada. He made Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Vegetables that looked really tasty. ( I hope the link works, if you're interested in checking it out.) I adapted his recipe to suit my taste and vegan-ism...
- instead of chicken broth, I used vegetable broth
- instead of whole wheat spaghetti, I used multigrain spaghetti
- I didn't feel like baby arugula, so I substituted baby spinach
- I skipped cheddar cheese altogether
- and I didn't have any sliced almonds, so I toasted up some slivers... just as good
and of course since it was pasta, I also made some garlic bread... It turned out wonderful. The sauce stuck to the pasta like glue... awesome. But next time I'll oven roast/dry the cherry tomatoes, I think it will be extra good.

No comments:

Post a Comment