Sunday, July 25, 2010

a new Firkin...

it finally opened a few weeks back... Firkin on King.... Jay came home one Sunday from work and we decided to go for a pint and dinner... neither one of us felt like cooking...
light for me and dark for Jay... I wanted a pint of Heineken, but it wasn't pouring that day... just my luck... but I did rater enjoy the Kronenbourg
the condiment line up :)
Jay loves burgers and so he had The Firkin Burger - 100% beef, served on a toasted rustic bun with Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, and chipotle onions - it came with fries and onion rings... yeah Jay liked it... he ordered extra pickles just for me... I ate them all... I love a good pickle...
I had the Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese salad (without the goat cheese of course) - fresh greens tossed in a Balsamic vinaigrette with grilled sweet peppers, red onions, zucchini and Portobello mushrooms - I chose to have my salad wrapped up in a flour tortilla and made it a sandwich (an option available on the menu for all their salads)... loved it... with a bit of fries on the side...
it was cheap, delicious, and fresh.... I hope the kitchen doesn't change... I see us going back there again... it's only a 10-15min walk from our home...

No comments:

Post a Comment