Monday, August 2, 2010

overheard....

This past Saturday, Jay and I ventured to Yorkdale Mall for some light shopping and lots of browsing. On the subway, sitting right behind us were a couple of children, and they were having a lot of fun. Guessing, I'd say she was 7 years old and he was 5... but they could have been younger (I'm not a very good age estimator).

Several of the passengers were giving the father a look of dismay, I guess trying to convey with their stares that he is unable to control his kids and should try harder... but I'm not sure why... they were loud but not destructive... and we were sitting right in front of them, and I was not bothered.

Anyways we pull into Lawrence West station. Standing on the platform is a very pretty, blond, teenage girl... The kids go quiet...

Little Girl: "Wow... she's pretty..."
Little Boy: "Yeah...."
Little Girl: "You should stare at her."
Little Boy: "Why?"
Little Girl: "Because boys stare at girls, and girls stare at boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment