Monday, February 22, 2010

Winterlicious 2010 #3 (not vegan yet)

For our third and final Winterlicious fare we went to Trevor Kitchen and Bar with Magda, Patrick, Sara, and Adrian. Winterlicious dinner menu $35.00 per person, not including drinks.The Girls started out with Canadian Beauty martini... I couldn't resist two of my fave things in one glass: vodka and ice wine
Boys of course had beers...
bread basket... getting boring all across the city...
Appetizers:
Me: arugula salad with toasted walnuts & maple cider vinaigrette
yum... love my greens
Adrian and Jay: duck confit shepherd’s pie
wow this was divine... duck so tender and flavorful
Patrick: macaroni & asiago cheese
one of the best...
Magda and Sara: local ricotta gnocchi with porcini butter & chèvre noir
it was a funky plate... and bravo to the kitchen, superb
Sara ordered a bottle of red for our party to go with our mains...
well actually she ordered me a glass of white since I was having fish...
Mains:
Me: northern ontario whitefish with savoy cabbage, tarragon crème fresh & confit potatoes
loved it... especially the little potato cubes:)
Adrian: port braised beef cheek with sunchoke risotto & horseradish crème
it looked very nice... but I wasn't brave enough to taste it...
Magda: roast chicken with cheddar pierogi, sweet potato & buttermilk gravy
yum... one of the best chicken dishes ever
Sara and Jay: slow roasted suckling pig with split pea purée & cider reduction
look how beautiful... and also how delicious...
Patrick: surf & turf, jumbo tiger shrimp, alberta sirloin & goat cheese poutine
well I didn't taste this one either... one because I know what steak tastes like and two because I am not a fan of goat cheese...
Dessert:
Me: passionfruit tiramisu
alright... passionfruit was very settle I wanted it to have a bit more of a presence...
Adrian: crème brulée
no fault with it... but nothing outstanding either
Patrick: sorbet
yes... I agree Gelato Fresco does make a very nice sorbet...
Jason, Magda, Sara: dark chocolate & caramel torte with peanut butter chantilly
Sweet Heaven!... that's what it was
Overall: yup another gem... worth experiencing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment