Friday, February 19, 2010

ehhh I can live without...

sometime in early January (before I became vegan) we trekked up to Saint Clair Ave. W. to experience The Stockyards... supposedly the best place for fried or smoked chicken and ribs. This place gets constant top reviews and we just needed to know why...
we got some onion rings... crispy, greasy.... alright....
then some fried chicken, which came with fries, dipping sauce (which I believe is Frank's Hot) and and itsy bitsy container (the size of the dipping sauce) of coleslaw... this was a lot of chicken but it was delicious and quite good the next day cold as well... the topping was crusty and crunchy and the meat tender and juicy... for any fried chicken lovers out there this is a must try... coleslaw was nothing special and the amount was so tiny I barely got to taste it...
and an order of ribs, which you can only get on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, after 5pm... that tiny container on top contains beans... very disappointed with the size (correction, according to Jay the container contains bbq sauce for dipping. It seems I just imagined the beans.)... the ribs were not my favorite (my favorite are made by Jay and now they are only a very tasty memory)... I don't know I guess I just don't have the palette for southern bbq... and neither one of us enjoyed them the next day...
so the verdict, we went, we saw, we tasted, Jay is in no rush for seconds.... we both prefer Phil's Original BBQ...

No comments:

Post a Comment