Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dinner: Saturday, Feb. 20, 2010

Last Saturday we headed to Paramour restaurant with Magda and Patrick to celebrate their recent successes. The restaurant is relatively new, but we've read some awesome reviews about it, and Jason actually knows the Chef who's running the kitchen. It is a small place, but cozy, and welcoming. Trying something new can be fun....

Our evening started off with a little amuse of Roasted Corn and Jalapeno Hush Puppies with Chipotle Mayo... since I am a full on vegan now... I didn't taste these wonderful looking creations... but I was told they were superb.... I do believe it
a couple of bread plates...
and moving on to starters...
I chose Shaved Fennel and Citrus Salad with Honey Flax Vinaigrette... I know honey... I wasn't about to make a big fuss over it... that's what the 5% is for... plus it was delicious...
the rest of the gang couldn't say no to the Daily Crudo... which on that evening revolved around scallops... I was told they were "... melt in my mouth..." I took only one picture of Magda's plate because the other two looked exactly the same... now that's professionalism...
what I loved about this place right away even before we went is that they have a daily vegetarian plate and when Jay called to make a reservation he informed them that there will be one vegan (since vegetarian = cheese please)... they happily accommodated my dietary restriction, and my vegetarian plate was made vegan by simply not including goat cheese (which I never liked)...
so The Daily Vegetarian Plate was composed of a Napoleon of Roasted Vegetables on top of Couscous and Pesto... this was so unbelievably good...
Jay chose New York Strip Loin au Jus: Ermite Bread Pudding, Balsamic Roasted Cremini Mushrooms, Rapini... mmmm looks delectable... but I stayed on the wagon
Magda also chose the Daily Vegetarian Plate... however hers was full on vegetarian no restrictions... see the cheese :)
and Patrick enjoyed a Tarragon Chicken Pot Pie: Free-range Chicken, Braised Red Cabbage, White Wine Sauce... look at that perfect pastry... used to be one of my favorite things...
we had a bottle of very delicious chardonnay...
and only Magda and Jason had dessert... they had 3 options each with a female name... and they both decided to have Danielle: Caramel Pumpkin Flan, Hazelnut Wafer, Cinnamon Whip Cream... looked perfect to me...
but I did have a type of dessert... I sipped on some Grand Marnier...
and Patrick sipped on... something that tasted a bit like licorice and menthol... :)
Overall: I loved this place I loved the ambiance, the food, the service and of course the company... I want to go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment