Tuesday, August 17, 2010

lunch at the winery...

This past Sunday we celebrated Emily's christening. Lunch was enjoyed at the beautiful Peninsula Ridge Winery. Below are pictures of our meal... I didn't grab all the dishes, that would make me a camera pest, but I did annoy those sitting closest to me :)

It was a beautiful hot, humid, day... refreshing glasses of water to cool us all down...
we were at a winery so some chilled white wine... I should have photographed the bottle instead because I don't remember what we were sipping...
and some of course preferred red... this was an outstanding 2008 Shiraz...
yum... bread... our appetite was growing...
pretty little butter dishes...
now some apps...
Goat’s cheese brulée with toasted hazelnuts on citrus dressed greens with field strawberry and green peppercorn vinaigrette
the kitchen accommodated 2 vegans that were present that day... but since we were sitting at two separate tables, I do not know what the other vegan enjoyed...
My appetizer was a Chilled Peach Soup... it was sweet, cold and delicious...
Sautéed Black Tiger shrimp on Pingue prosciutto with chilled French beans and sundried tomato vinaigrette
and now some mains
Here is my vegan option a Carrot and Pea Risotto... definately not as creamy as a regular risotto since it was made without butter or cheese... but still scrumptious...
House ground Ontario lamb burger on house made bun with caramelized onions, cumin aioli and cucumber, tomato and Taggiasche olive salad
Atlantic Salmon on truffle whipped potato with caper-raisin compote and Chardonnay-chive cream
Crisp roasted chicken suprème with Pont Neuf potatoes, French beans and a sweet pepper-honey compote
Paupiettes of Dover sole and crab on Niagara pea and chorizo sausage risotto... somebody didn't actually expect me to get up and try to snap a pic of their dish... but I couldn't help myself... looked so pretty
dessert time... I opted out. I'm sure the kitchen could have prepared a bowl of berries or fruit, but I was satisfied, and simply enjoyed the delicious white.
fluffy cappuccino...
Citrus scented New York style cheesecake with fresh Niagara fruit
Classic Linzer Torte
House made raspberry jam tart with a delicate spiced almond crust and our vanilla bean ice cream
Vanilla bean crème brulée
Dark Chocolate Semi-Freddo with Cabernet and vanilla soaked cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment