Friday, August 27, 2010

painting fever...

Caught it from Kinga and Karolina. I was just going to do our bedroom, my mini study and the hallway... but then I figured the washroom and kitchen could also use a coat... and then it just seemed reasonable to buy a bit more paint and do the whole place. It's going to be a very busy weekend... I'm also planning to steam clean our carpet and seriously de-clutter.

Color picking was the hardest part. That took 2 weeks, well not the bedroom. I knew what I wanted there for a while. (Keeping my fingers crossed, that the swatch, and the picture in my mind, translate to the wall :)) The rest was a whole lot of discussions, and swatch comparisons with Jay after work over a glass of wine or beer. And it was finally finalized last weekend over lattes.

Jay will not be painting. I have control issues, he is working on Saturday and I have his day planned on Sunday. I like to paint a lot, with a tiny roller, I think I find it cathartic. No one there to mess up my plan, mess up period, or make me feel obligated to be social. Just me, paint, and the voices in my head :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment