Saturday, April 24, 2010

she made me do it...

Long, long time ago, Jay had a job that required him to travel extensively... frequently to Florida. One time he came back with two mini citrus fruit trees. I gave one to my mom. Her little tree is crazy huge now, bushy and so luscious... ours is a sad puny little twig with leaves... One day a while back Jay asked her how she got her tree to grow like that... and she said "I cut it". Jay asked her how... and she said "I don't know, I just cut it."... and that was that...

A couple of days ago I was home by my lonesome... early in the morning... haven't had my coffee yet... I was tiding up... I looked up at my citrus tree, and I heard my mom's voice in my head "Just cut it."... and I thought to myself "Yeah... just cut it."... next thing I know, kitchen scissors in my hand I trimmed that sucker in three places...

Jay was at a loss for words when he got home later that night... he thinks I did irreversible damage, and our tree won't recover from my assault... I reassured him it will be bigger and better... fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment