Monday, September 6, 2010

DONE!

Painting that is. Finished a tiny bit of trim last night. I took some pictures of our process as a future deterrent. If I ever get the itch to paint our condo again, I'll look at the pictures of the disaster zone it has been for the past week. It'll be great motivation to put the paint brush away. My lord it was a lot of work.

Friday night after work, we prepped our bedroom until 4 am. Then Saturday after a quick breakfast we began, and wrapped up at around 4:30 am Sunday. Extremely sleep depraved and achy (but not as achy as were were last weekend), we rolled out of bed on Sunday at 9 am for some pampering. A mani pedi combo for me and a pedi and steam for Jay. I found myself nodding off a bit. Then delicious lunch at Fresh, then some light school shopping, then back home for major tiding up, de-cluttering, and steam cleaning. We didn't finish last night. This will be a slow process, hopefully wrapped up by Wednesday.

I really like our color scheme.

My study is a light bright green. I really like it. I put four coats of paint on just to make sure it is all nice and even. This is a bit nutty because 80% of wall space (if not more) is covered up by bookshelves.

Kitchen and washroom, are a shade lighter then they were before. A nice light, creamy white. It just feels welcoming and clean.

Hallway, living room and our accent walls, are all from the same color swatch tab. The darkest is of course on the accent walls, it is a very, very, deep green-black. Hallway is the second lightest from the swatch, a light gray, I believe the color was called Simply Stone or something. And the living room is a shade darker than the hallway, a kind of gray-green, or green-gray. We love it. We both feel very grown up with our color scheme. It is very tame, especially if you compare our current choices to our past color combinations.

Growing up stops at our bedroom. I wanted the lightest of pinks. I found it. Jay suggested that it will dry lighter and it will look white, and so we should go just a tad darker. So I did. It turned out a bit pinker than I wanted. But it's soooo gorgeous. Especially at night, with our lamps on, the pink is transformed into a super warm, and cozy peachy-pink. It looks like a room of a 5-year old princess. Supper girly. Ahhh the child in me loves it, the adult is comforted by the fact that it is a bedroom, and not a main room. No need for anybody, but the two of us to see it.

I'm not posting any pictures of the colors, because I don't think they'll really translate. But trust me, our place looks good, and if you don't agree please keep it to yourself when you come over... or you'll hurt our feelings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment