Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank You Magda and Patrick

This post comes a bit late, but exam season is on... and I'm a bit overwhelmed once again....

So I've mentioned that Jay and I are vodka people, but I should mention that rum runs a very, very close second, then amaretto, grand marnier... and a few others.

We received this interesting flavor from Magda and Patrick. A Bacardi Strawberry Rum infused with Dragon Fruit. This rum smells like the most delicious strawberries... I closed my eyes and could almost feel the summer sun on my skin...

I decided that since we had some mint left over from our party we should create strawberry mojitos and celebrate the first cold snap of the season. It was delicious. Can't wait to share it... The little red pieces in my drink are freeze dried strawberry chunks that Jay picked out of our cereal mix :)
tonight (or really early morning, depends on how you perceive it... it's almost 1am) I'm test tasting it with some ginger ale... if you get the balance just right, it's very nice... a bit on the sweet side but still nice to sip... it was a long day... In the background a Holiday card from Kinga (it reminds me I should probably send some out too... because I love receiving them)

1 comment: