Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thank You Lisa and Rob...

Jay and I do enjoy our vodka... it's just so versatile... while we do like to try other spirits and liqueurs, vodka is a staple in our house (must be the Polish in me). Lisa and Rob gave us a real treat with Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka... currently it is banned for sale in Ontario LCBO stores, because of the packaging..

LCBO spokesman Chris Layton: “That’s an image that’s commonly associated with death. It’s especially problematic at a time when there are concerns around binge drinking by younger adults, which in some cases unfortunately has resulted in alcohol poisoning.”

... while I agree with his statement, somehow I don't think this ban is hurting the sales... controversy might actually have the reverse effect... plus it's a smiling skull... it doesn't look menacing or deadly to me... anywho I like it a lot and don't want to open it... but I know I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment