Wednesday, October 13, 2010

our Thanksgiving Dinner

was celebrated this past Sunday (Oct. 10). One of the things I've come to love about our holiday family gatherings, is the signature cocktail... This time there was a choice... a rum punch...or an apple martini...
I had two drinks... on an empty stomach... I couldn't wait until dinner... But as Karolina said: she won't put out a bad meal just because we want it faster...
but eventually... there was a mini stater of squash soup with croutons... so sweet and delish
turkey... bought and brined by Mike and Justyna, cooked by Karolina... the verdict: superb
one of my faves... green beans with almonds... delicious for lunch the next day at work
Jason's super cheesy sweet and Yukon scalloped potatoes...
roasted sweet potatoes...
carrots and peas... or peas and carrots if you prefer
mmmm it wouldn't be a thanksgiving meal for me without a processed jellied cranberry sauce
Jason's meaty stuffing... he also made a veggie one
roasted root vegetables...
my baked spud and mushroom gravy...
turkey gravy...
and of course a choice of white or red...
the meal was incredible... family never disappoints...

For dessert: and apple pie by Karolina
a cheesecake by Justyna...
and there were vegan cookies by Kinga.. which I was too busy eating and did not take a picture of... but I really enjoyed them, I took them all home with me... they lasted two days... love me some cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment