Sunday, October 17, 2010

I have a bit of an

obsessive-compulsive, addictive, controlling, selfish, introverted, personality... This post is about the addictive, obsessive traits. Sometimes when I start on something, I just can't quit it... it's easier for me (and definitely Jason) to let it run it's course (like a fever) than to take any preventive measures.

I might have mentioned that lately I've been obsessing over colors, it started with eye shadows (until I felt I had enough), transitioned into eye pencils (until I was satisfied)... and now it stalled on nail polishes. I can't seem to stop collecting them... I don't keep them out anymore, they are all hidden in a drawer... For a couple of weeks I was obsessed with gray, and needed to find every gray nail polish (purple-gray, blue-gray, silver-gray, black-gray, gray-gray)... it didn't matter, I wanted them. Now I'm fighting the urge to seek out every shade of green. So this time I'm actually trying to stop, and have slowed down to only buying one polish a week. My collection has grown to such an extent, that I've created a nail polish spreadsheet, to keep track of all my shades. Every time I add to it, I print out a version to keep in my wallet, so when the urge to buy another one strikes me, at least I won't be stuck with doubles... sigh....

anywho... last week I come home from work. It's around midnight, Jay is sleeping (he has very early mornings). On the kitchen counter I notice a paper opened to the page pictured. Can anyone say "BLOODY ENABLER!!!". Can't help but love him....

Since I've seen the page, I did a little bit of research, and my mind has been in a loop, obsessing over a shade (thankfully only one)... It was added to the collection on Saturday... by Jason... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment