Wednesday, November 24, 2010

too much...

I love the LCBO Food and Drink magazine, especially the Christmas issue. I think my favorite thing about it is, the fact that it's free. I've made a few recipes over the years from it too, and never been disappointed.

This year, I really wanted it for the cocktail ideas. I found one, and it called for Chambord Liqueur. I looked it up (but not on the LCBO website)....

"...Chambord Liqueur is crafted from the world’s finest raspberries and blackberries, authentic Madagascar vanilla, Moroccan citrus peel, honey and cognac to create a delicious all-natural raspberry liqueur. The rich, intense flavor of black raspberries mingled with a hint of honey and creamy vanilla makes Chambord Liqueur Royale one of the world’s most versatile liqueurs and an unparalleled addition to cocktails, deserts and other culinary creations. ..."

WOW.... doesn't it read delicious. I wanted it. Went to the store... saw the price... and left. I was expecting to pay $20.00 maybe $25.00 for it... but at $40.00... ehhh not from my pocket. Next time we're out for dinner at a nice place, I'll ask for a cocktail made with it... see if it's worth the price tag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment