Tuesday, November 16, 2010

big spender...

Someone complained that I don't update my blog enough. He's the only person who I talk to everyday, and knows what's happening in my life... and the only one bitching about lack of updates. So I'll share a story, which he knows very well....

Our Small-Big Party is in less than a year now. A couple of people informed me that if I'm planning my outfit and know what I want to wear, to shop for it as soon as possible and not to leave it until later. So I've been shopping, well more like looking. I found my dress, but couldn't decide on my accent colors. I decided that the shoes will be colorful, something that I can wear anywhere, if I choose.

I've been keeping my eyes open. About a month ago Jay and I are enjoying a Sunday afternoon, browsing through Yorkville. We stumble into Holts, touch a lot of stuff, buy nothing. We decide to check out their shoe section.

I pass a pair of YSL shoes, love them on the spot, pick them up... whoa!!!! $1500.00, put them down... they are no longer so appealing to me. I just cannot spend more on shoes than my mortgage. I decide there is nothing for me at Holt's shoe department. On our way out Jay pauses, picks up a shoe, and says "what about this one".... and it is gorgeous, simple, no frills, but colorful, I would love to own it, check the price.... ouch!!!! I say I don't know".... Jay says "You don't have to buy it... just try it on... see how they fit." Before I can think about it, he catches the eye of a sales person... next thing I know I'm walking around in a pair of shoes I only dream of... (I notice there is a matching clutch as well... I don't understand how it can be more expensive than the shoes.)

Jay: "What do you think...?"
Me: " I love them... but baby... the price... I don't think I can afford them."
Jay: "I think they're awesome, let me buy them for you."
Me: "What? Really? You'll get these for me?"
Jay: "Yes... come on wrap them up."

There is no visible cash register at Holt's shoe department. You are navigated to a comfy leather couch, the sales person takes away your card, and comes back with your bill in a leather folder, your shoes in a bag with plenty of tissue paper.

As we are making our way to the couch, I'm sure I was floating... Jay reaches into his back pocket for his wallet... takes it out... and...

Jay: "I forgot my card..."
Me: "What?!"
Jay: " I left my card at home..."

Me: crashing very hard to earth... "You bitch..."

So I bought my own shoes... Jay was sorry. We laughed about it. He promised that the next two pairs are on him for sure... I'm going to hold him to that :)

I'm not posting a picture of the shoes, because at this time I don't want anyone to look them up and know how much I spent on them. I'm not ready for the world to know. Let's just say I get a bit of a heart flutter every single time I think about it. And those of you who read this blog and are going to attend our party will see them then. For now each shoe sits in its own dust bag, together with two mini dust baggies each holding a spare pair of heel tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment